As I’m sure most of you already know, Facebook is a popular social media channel used by individuals and businesses day in day out. With so many users, Facebook is a really great platform for your business and powerful communication tool that businesses should harness to help build brand awareness and drive business.
Facebook allows businesses to create a business page so that your business can accurately display relevant and useful information. People often use the tool to find out generic information, for example, where your business is located, what your telephone number is, your business opening hours or even as a means to contact you. It’s important that you get Facebook right and set up your business page properly and effectively. Take a look at our advice on how to achieve this.
Here are some top tips on how to set up your Facebook business page and use it effectively.
- Ensure your contact information is filled in accurately; you want to make it easy for your customers to contact you.
- Use the ‘About’ section to show your business in the best light possible.
- Update your page regularly with useful and interesting content – just don’t go over board and cause people to unfollow your page because they are bored with the content they are seeing.
- Respond to messages and comments in a timely manner so that you earn a good contact status badge. (This looks good to prospective and existing customers).
- Make sure your profile photo and cover photo images fit in the space properly – you don’t want half of your strap line to be missing.
- Advertise on Facebook to a targeted audience and increase your reach, engagement and link clicks.
- Look at your page insights, analyse what type of posts get the most engagement, where your audience are based and what their typical characteristics are to better plan content.
- Use Facebook features to their full potential. Custom Tabs can be very helpful; add the services or menu tab depending on your business. If you have an event coming up, set up a Facebook event where you include the relevant details and increase your exposure.
- Schedule content to ensure that you don’t leave a long period without any content being posted. Of course, it’s also important to post content in response to real time events… it’s all about finding the balance.
If you need any help getting set up on Facebook, then be sure to contact the team at Carrick. Allow us to help you reach your intended audience with ease!